When your wingback or arm chair is of good quality but its starting to look tired and dated, reupholstery is the ideal solution. Furniture reupholstery is the perfect way to transform and revive a much-loved wingback or armchair without compromising on the comfort and style of the original design. Our upholsterers transform your furniture with care and quality.
Why reupholster a chair?
- You get to keep all of the original features on your chair such as the frame, studded work, button backs etc.
- You get to decide how you want to design and customise your chair, e.g. choose whether or not you want deep buttoning, stud, stitch work, new foam etc.
- Choose from a wide range of designer fabrics such as Ashley Wilde, Clarke & Clarke, Moon etc.
- Customise to best suit your interior, and match with soft furnishing accessories such as scatter cushions and roman blind
For that little bit of inspiration…
All different beautiful types and colours of chairs. From Moon wool to Levi Jeans, every customer chooses a completely unique look for their home interior.
Steps to reupholster a chair
- Our upholsterers carefully strip down all existing upholstery, down to its original frame
- Repair or make adjustments to the frame if needed
- Replace the webbing and springs if necessary to add a touch of comfort
- Replace the stuffing or foam if needed, to make it feel brand new!
- Finally, reupholster your chair in the fabric you desire and add the last details to customise, e.g. studs, deep buttoning, stitch detail etc.
A wing chair is an easy chair or club chair with “wings” attached to the back of the chair, typically, but not always, stretching down to the arm rest.
A large, comfortable chair with side supports for extra support and comfort.
A chair with solid arms continuous with a semi-circular back for more comfort and added quality.
Spoon Back chair
This chair features a spoon shaped back which is concave and rounded to fit your back. It has Cabriole style front legs with additional detail.
The chairs are simple evolutions of the classic Windsor chair. Lucian Ercolani was responding to a Board of Trade contract in 1943 when he first worked on adapting the country Windsor chair into a production friendly design. The simple definition of a Windsor chair is that the back and legs are attached to the seat. This definition gives the designer great room to select different themes and create huge variety.
What to do next?
Simply measure your chair and get in touch with us, and we will provide you with a free quote- no obligations. Whenever you are ready, book an appointment with us to browse through our collection of fabrics, and to discuss any extra details or customisation you wish to have. And then finally we will reupholster your beloved chair however you wish, all handmade and manufactured in the UK.